Welcome to the grass root effort to bring year round Parks and Recreation to the citizens of Bonney Lake:
The Bonney Lake City council has taken the responsible step to let the voters decide if they want to pay an additional tax to form a Metropolitan Park District to expand parks and remedy the shortfalls. Are you willing to pay for these improvements?
There will be a special election on April 23, 2013 for the voters to decide if the city should form a Metropolitan Park District (MPD).
Here are just some of the many reasons to consider voting YES.
• Dedicated monies for park and recreation which does NOT compete with higher priority Police and Street funding.
• Park bond alone would NOT provide for operations and maintenance.
• Bonney Lake has held back on taxing avenues such as a B&O tax or a license tab fee, unlike other cities in our county.
• There is a shortage of Parks, Trails, and a Community Center with a pool and this can ONLY be fixed with additional revenues.
• A Sports Complex may bring revenue to our businesses from outside Leagues visiting and renting the new fields
• The average household will pay about $10 or so per month or less than one latte per week
• All MPD money by State law must be spent on parks and recreation and can NOT be used in the General Fund.
• There are only 55 acres of developed parks for a population of more than 17,000
• There has never been a City Parks Department in Bonney Lake
• Bonds don’t pay for operations and maintenance of parks
For more details please read the following pages.
Thank you for your consideration. Please vote YES MPD on April 23, 2013.
Have a look around:
Paid for by BLParks.org
Copyright 2013 - Metro Park District -All Rights Reserved